Freelance Writing and Editing: From First Draft To Publication
My writing and editing services fulfill a variety of project and publication needs.
My approach is to develop and understand content ideas before implementing prose strategies. In other words, I generate ideas for or with clients before implementing the language and form that best conveys these to the intended audience.
I have worked for higher education, non-profit, philanthropy, publishing, and policy thinktank clients.
Editing and writing services include
- ghostwriting and content creation
- in-depth developmental editing
- cold reads
I am proficient in Chicago, AP, APA, MLA, and other style guides. I can also help an organization develop its own style guide.
For more than a decade, I have built expertise in roles as the writer, editor, or consultant to the authors of projects including
- Admissions essays for university studies
- Articles for peer-reviewed journals
- Book chapters
- Course guides
- Creative writing
- CVs and cover letters
- Fellowship proposals
- Grant applications
- Interviews for journalism forums
- Lesson plans and lecture slides
- Magazine feature articles
- Master's level writing including theses
- Oral history interview archival preparation
- Personal and research statements for medical, dental, law and PhD applications
- Program reports & annual reports
- Public relations and fundraising content
- Stories for professional newsletters
- Web copy
As an educator with more than five years of experience teaching writing on the staff of universities, I am also a writing consultant and instructor for professionals.